Weissman Design Practice is an interior and building design practice. Founded in 2008 and based in Singapore with an office in East Malaysia, Principal Weili Phua leads a team of like-minded and highly motivated interior designers.
Weissman Design Practice specializes in providing bespoke design experiences for private residences, residential developments, hotels, restaurants, retail stores and corporate offices.
Integrity in design is achieved through the cultivation of ideas that are brought to life in spaces that surprise, captivate and create desire or provide sanctuary.
Weissman’s design philosophy is founded on a holistic approach - considering architecture, interior design and decoration as one. Space and form, materials, finishes and furnishings are refined to ensure enduring quality and a unique expression of the client’s intent within each project.
Our team of experienced interior designers is on hand to guide clients through every step of the project. Direct access to Design Directors on all projects provides the creative direction that is synonymous with delivering individually tailored projects to our clients.
We pride ourselves on our high level of customer service and project management. As such, it is our primary objective to successfully deliver our projects on time and to budget in a transparent and professional manner. The number of enduring client relationships is testament to this.
Clients have the assurance of easy access and collaboration with the two Directors through all stages of a project, providing a seamless journey from initial brief through to project delivery.
Ms. Weili Phua
Weili was the founder of Weissman Design Practice. She graduated from the University of New South Wales, Sydney Australia in 1999 with a First Class Honour Degree.
After graduation, Weili worked at a well-known medium size practice, Idiom Design Practice in Sydney (currently known as The Uncarved Block). 2 years later, she joined a giant practice, Davenport Campbell & Partners (Australia) and worked on numerous Commercial and Corporate Fitout Projects for the next 4 years.
These projects include offices fitouts for corporate giants, Hospitality projects and Residential Projects:
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Central Sydney, Australia
- Societe Generale, Central Sydney, Australia
- Zurich Australia, North Sydney, Australia
- Radisson Hotel and Suites, Central Sydney, Australia
- Four storeys harbor front house, 18A The Tor Walk Castlecrag, Upper North Shore, Sydney, Australia
In 2005, Weili returned to Malaysia and Singapore and worked as a freelance designer on several high profile and high budget (over Singapore Dollars $5,000,000.00 and 10,000 – 20,000 sq. ft.) residential projects in East Malaysia.
With broad experiences working on Residential, Hospitality, Commercial and Corporate fitout projects in Sydney, Malaysia and Singapore, Weili has developed a solid skill of working and managing projects of different scales and styles in different cultures and countries. She understood the work culture and construction process adopted by the builders are different in different countries. As such, Weili is able to communicate and work well with the grass root builders, project managers and most importantly, the clients.
Mr. Charles Pui Chou Nee
Charles joined Weissman Design Practice in 2013. Before moving to Singapore, Charles was a Senior Designer at Pike Withers (Sydney, Australia) and Wideform Group, Property Developer (Sydney, Australia). While working for these companies, Charles had directed many projects as Head Designer.
These Projects include:
- The Hype Sub-Penthouse, Sydney, Australia
- Eco Resort at Desert Island, Abu Dhabi
- The cross Development at Double Bay, Sydney, Australia
- Warehouse Boutique Hotel, Venice Lido, Italy
- Modern Country House at Central Coast, Sydney, Australia
- Handam Residence, KL, Malaysia
- Palm Beach House, Sydney, Australia
- Link Seaside 55 plus residential Development at Wollongong, Sydney, Australia
- 10 Wylde Street Luxury Apartment Development at Point Piper, Sydney, Australia
- Hotel Horizonte at Dili, East Timor
- Vision commercial building at Dili, East Timor
In Singapore, Charles started the next phase of his career with Cameron Woo Design. He was the Senior Interior Designer in charge of major projects such as:
- 4 bedrooms Apartment at Nassim Park Residence, Singapore
- Lee Residence at Leedon Park, Singapore
Mr. Abdul Aziz Sidek
Aziz Sidek joined Weissman Design Practice in 2017. Has been in the design industry for about 27 years, 15 years of which is with the renowned International Hospitality design company, Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) , Singapore.
With the vast experience, has brought with him some notable projects which he had involved in as listed below.
- Hotel/Restaurant/Bar projects:
- Crossroad & M-Café @ Marriott Singapore, Singapore
- Grand Hyatt Shenyang F&B Areas, Shenyang, China
- Specialty Restaurant at Jinji Lake Hotel, Suzhou, China
- E-wow Suite at W Hotel Sentosa Cove, Singapore
- All Day Dining at Westin Taipei, Taiwan
- Westin Hotel, Shanghai, China
- Amara Hotel, Singapore
- Amara Hotel Chengdu, China
- Residence projects:
- Djojonegoro Residence at Four Seasons Park Condominium, Singapore
- Penthouse at Le Nouvel Ardmore, Singapore
- Menteng Residence, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Permata Hijau Residence, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Office projects:
- National Computer Board at Science Park Drive, Singapore
- National Computer System at Techpoint Ang Mo Kio, Singapore
Ms. Tiffany Yeoh Hui Ying
Graduated with a Bachelor Degree from a well-established Raffles Design Institute before embarking her career in interior design. Before joining Weissman Design Practice in 2018, Tiffany commenced her career as an interior designer, at the world’s leading design consultancy firm, Hirsch Bedner Associate (HBA). 7 years of experience in hospitality design at HBA who has managed and designed, from conceptualization to construction, a diversity of lauded hotels in Asia.
She is attentive to design detail, keeping herself updated with latest information of trend & style in the market. Working closely with clients, operators and relevant consultants to have better understanding of the requirement as well as making sure work is well executed on site during the construction stage.
- GuoBingGuan Hotel & Villa, Hainan, China
- The Westin Sanya Haitang Bay Resort, Hainan, China
- Marrisle Hotel, Jiangyin, China
- Other Hotel:
- Ciputra World (Hotel & Premium Residence), Jarkata Indonesia
- Marriott Hotel, Singapore
- Marriott Hotel, Bangalore, India
- Four Seasons Hotel, ShenZhen, China
- Sheraton Hotel, Zhuhai, China
- HanYuan Hotel, Hanzhong, China
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, Harbin, China
- Service Apartment:
- Qingchun Plaza, Hangzhou, China
- Kempinski Service Apartment, Guangzhou, China
Nuriah Binte Meske
Graduated with a Diploma in Retail & Hospitality Design from Temasek Polytechnic. Nuriah joined Weissman Design Practice in 2019 and has been in the design industry for about 9 years. She has experience in both residential and commercial projects as listed below.
- Residence projects:
- Penthouse at Le Nouvel Ardmore, Singapore
- Bungalow at Cluny Park, Singapore
- Bungalow at Sentosa Cove Drive, Singapore
- Bungalow at Fifth Avenue, Singapore
- Bungalow at Chancery Hill Walk, Singapore
- Bungalow at Jalan Dermawan, Singapore
- Apartment at Boulevard Vue, Singapore
- Apartment at Leedon Residence, Singapore
- Apartment at St Regis Residence, Singapore
- Apartment at Orchard Residence, Singapore
- Show Suite at Orchard Residence, Singapore
- The Mansions Desa Parkcity, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Commercial projects:
- Bukit Panjang Public Library, Singapore
- City of Tomorrow at Citylink Mall, Singapore
- Hanson Court Service Suites, Singapore